Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Who Knew







Who knew that organizing our home school materials could be so pretty!
About two weeks ago while getting a latte at my usual coffee shop I spoted this chest in front of the resale shop next door. From the the moment I laid eyes on this beauty I had to have her! So, after a quick phone call to my husband she was in the back of the SUV and away we went.
Now from the pictures of my home I have posted so far I know you can tell that I love blue! When I first brought the chest home I was sure that I wanted to put her in my bathroom. Even though my bathroom is not even remotely decorated I knew the piece would fit perfect for the future plans I have in that space. But funny things happen when you put a piece of furniture in a holding spot. I had it sitting against a bare wall in the front room for the day (waiting on my husband to help me carry it up stairs) and my mind began to wonder.
You see, my dining room is not very big. I have always felt that the only thing that fits in there well is our big square pub style table. But, as I sat on the sofa in the front room staring at my latest treasure I realized that the color is the PREFECT compliment to the paint on the walls, window dressings, and artwork in the dining room. (which has totally been changed in the last 6 months)


So am happy to report that this beauty is working out wonderfully! I really did not have a great storage place for our mountain of home school supplies. Everything was kept in large baskets that I thought I would haul up and down the stairs everyday (which turns out only happened on Mondays and Fridays) So instead the kiddos can now help themselves to what they need and I get to have something pretty to look at while we work at the table.




I just love the feet!

The distressing is perfect for my taste. Plus I have never refinished furniture my self so having someone do it for me just the way I want , SCORE!!!!!
Oh BTW this sucker was on $40!!!!!! Double Score!
So, if you find a piece that makes your heart sing and you have no clue where to put it, I say get it!!!! You never know what you will come up with once it is sitting in your living room

No comments: