Friday, January 22, 2010

Armchair Mania

So to me one of the best parts about having a home is making it your own special hideaway. A place where when you walk in through the door you feel at rest. Someplace that is a beautiful expression of you. A place where at the same time it is ok to have your feet on the sofa and you don't live in fear of it all tumbling down with one wrong turn from a young boy just trying to have fun. I have no greater joy some days than to be snuggled on the sofa in my living room sipping a latte and looking out window takingin the veiw of the beauty of the valley while little boys run round and round chasing each other. That veir has produced some amazing sunrises and sunsets over the last several years. I have lived in my home for about 7 years now and I am still overflowing with ideas. Sometimes my many many ideas lead to over load and so as a result nothing ever comes of my fabulous ideas (well at leastthey are fabulous to me) So for my latest binge these last few months I have been craving for the perfect arm chair for the living room. For a long while I thought I wanted a big brown leather wing back chair to go along with my heavy old world styled pieces already in that room, but times they are a changin'....here are just a few of my latest finds.


Can you believe that all of those pretty chairs are from Tar-jay. I sometimes can't believe all the little hidden gems I find on target.com














These last few are from Pier One. I love this store I do not go here as often as I would like but I am sure my wallet is happy for that. I love the playful prints. I have a home that seems to have brown tones in every room so slowly I would like to introduce more bright colors but in a soft whimsicial way.




The floral prints just make me happy! I have either (A) lived in the Pacific Northwest to long and need prints like this to see me through the winters or (B) I have too many men living in this house and I need to inject so sense of feminity this place. I am pretty sure it is a little bit of both.












No comments: