Saturday, January 24, 2009

"I'm a big kid now!"



So potty training has always seemed to be a long process in our house. With the middle boy he has been reluctant to make a poo in the pot. He will hold it just to avoid it, then we wind up with a big messy. (I don't have to go into further detail, you can use your imagination.)



So the other day I am downstairs working on the computer, the oldest and Dad were on the sofa reading a book. I hear the upstairs toilet flush. I did not pay much attention to it, because I was too involved in what I was doing. I hear the toilet flush again, then again. By the third flush I was snapped out of what I was doing and thought to myself, two of the guys are downstairs so who is that? I quickly realize that my three year old is up stairs, so I race up stairs and I do you know what I saw....




The middle boy standing in the hallway with his pants around his ankles and a baby wipe wedged into his bottom and he says to me. "Mama I went poo and I am cleaning my butt, does that my you happy?" I fell to my knees laughing. It is an image that is burned into my mind forever. I also have to add that he had to waddle into the baby's room and climb onto the dresser/changing table where the wipes are kept, then waddle back into the hallway where I found him. I am pleased to report that everything made it to where it was supposed to go and there was not a messy trail behind the guy's footsteps.


Man, some days you just have to love having preschoolers and appreciate the magic they bring into your life.

No comments: